Mirapex is FDA Approved

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Hos
Voice Chat Host

Mirapex is FDA Approved

Post by Hos »

Not a huge "newsflash" but it is official in the now there are two drugs officially used to treat RLS, Requip and now Mirapex. So, it's not an off label treatment now.

http://www.pharmalive.com/News/index.cf ... egoryid=29

becat

Post by becat »

Are You kidding this is huge. Yahoo! Finally a choice to offer people that only believe in FDA approved stuff.
I'm feeling a bit more relaxed.
Thanks Hos.
Hugs to you my dear.
Lynne

walkindafloors

Post by walkindafloors »

This is great news...and for me, great proof-I've actually been sleeping most nights since the dr increased my Mirapax from one to two tabs at bed time :D . I'm almost scared to post this, knowing how meds work for a spell then seem to stop, but for now, I am doing the best I have in over a year. My symptoms had been 24/7 (legs and arms) for nearly a year, standing up for meals, church, and up sometimes 3-4 nights in a row. Mirapex is my miracle...for now as long as it lasts. I'm still taking sinamet during the daytime (2 extended release tabs) then occasionally ultram at bedtime with the Mirapex. This board is where I first learned of Mirapex so my thanks goes out to all who share their successes for others to try!
Who took the FUN out of disFUNctional?
Kim <><

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

This is very huge news. I am one of the people who is helped by Mirapex. But, as we keep saying, everyone is different. I am glad that there are two choices for people who are leary of taking off-label drugs.

Thank you so much for posting the information, Hos.

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

sandi

Mirapex

Post by sandi »

Hi all,

Have been on Mirapex for about 3 years now and it's the best thing that ever happened to me. Nothing else that I ever tried worked like the Mirapex does. I will be very happy when a generic comes out as I am on Medicare and right now am in the "hole" but I actually would almost pay anything for this drug because of how it has helped me. :D