Mirapex and cranky

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
brayeileen57

Mirapex and cranky

Post by brayeileen57 »

I take Lexapro and Mirapex. Sometimes I get so cranky. Sometimes I week up with burning in my back and arms. My stomach is nervous when I wake up and have to go to the bathroom. I am getting tender breasts. I don't know if the Mirapex can make me cranky. Anyone have that trouble.

mvtews

mirapex

Post by mvtews »

i have had weight gain, constant constipation etc. with Mirapex but i continue to take it to control the RLS. i tried Requip for 4 months but the side effects were even worse = weight gain, constipation, severe bloating of the guts, burping 10 times per minute, pain with the bloating, gas, etc.

moss

Post by moss »

I took mirapex for several years but kept it at a low dose because my wife complained that I acted like a different person when I took it in the doses reommended by the doctor. I became irritable and 'cranky'. When I finally stopped taking it all together, without telling my wife first, she noted that I was again a happier person. This seems to be a side effect, at least for me, with all of the da's.

vinton

MIRAPEX

Post by vinton »

Well I guess I'm at the right place....

About a month ago I started at 0.125 mgs which helped me and 2 days ago decided to go to 0.25 and today I'm moody and even felt like crying today .

So anyone had this symptom?

I prefer to stay awake than having this.

Thanks soo much

Vinton
Had multiple sclerosis for 35 years +

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Yep, check out the post about side effects, lots of similar stories.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

vinton

MIRAPEX

Post by vinton »

Yes I get cranky but also moody. as I have MS my vertigo gets worse.
Lost of energy.
Had multiple sclerosis for 35 years +