Requip hard to split

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
steve

Requip hard to split

Post by steve »

Someone was complaining about how hard it is to split Requip
I found that I could scrape the raised portion of the pill on both sides and it will score easily.

Kwazylegs

Post by Kwazylegs »

Steve,
I just noticed your solution to splitting Requip tablets. I just got through trying to cut a .25mg tablet in half with my pill cutter, and because of the raised parts of the tablet that you mentioned, I ended up with a very small pile of dust with lumps in it. Your idea about removing the raised parts of the tablets makes perfect sense...that's why I didn't think of it...sleep deprivation is making me more nonsensical with each passing day. Thanks for the hint...I'll try it tomorrow. ---Andy

cornelia

Post by cornelia »

My pharmacist said not to split the Requip pills, only can't remember why.
Maybe that is why they are made in an awkward shape for this very reason.

Corrie

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

yeh i used to bite mine in half. when i told the doc i was halving the pills she said "how did you get that weird shaped pill cut in half, i said i bit it!"

and yes it tastes like bleh!

dee
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

Kwazylegs

Post by Kwazylegs »

Hi Corrie,
I haven't noticed your posts lately...I guess I'm not viewing the right areas. I hope you're doing well. I wonder if there is a reason for not splitting the Requip tabs. And just as I was perfecting Steve's method of filing down the pointed sides to enable me to cut them into perfect halves!
And as for your method of splitting the pills by biting into them, Dee, if I tried that, by some quirk I'd probably end up inhaling the entire pill, instead of swallowing a part of it, thus defeating the purpose of splitting it in the first place. Now I want you all to mark this day on your calendars...I've finally replied within a thread using only 6 lines. :D ---Andy

cornelia

Post by cornelia »

Hi Andy!

regarding short posts: I am a champion! I don't know why one is not supposed to split Requip pills. But there are some pharmacists in this family, so maybe you'll get an answer. I'm OK, but my energy is so low: it takes about 1 minute to type 1 word (LOL).

Corrie

ctravel12

requip hard to split

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Andy, when I was taking requip I did split them with a pill cutter. They are not the easiest, but it can be done. It may not be the exact cut but it is worth trying.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

ctravel12

Requip hard to split

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Corrie It is good to see you posting and so sorry that your energy is still not good. Hope that one of these days, the dr can find something for you that will make you feel better. Have a great day
Charlene
Taking one day at a time