Not moving enough!

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
snyderra

Not moving enough!

Post by snyderra »

I've been on Requip for about three months now, and for the past few weeks, I've been waking up sore shoulders and a sore back---and I think it's from sleeping in the same position for too long! The Requip must have me sleeping so well that I don't move, which I guess is better than running a marathon in my sleep. Does anyone else have this problem?

b_rwhite5

Post by b_rwhite5 »

Hi, welcome to the board. I am taking Requip also. I haven't been taking it for long, maybe 3 or 4 weeks. It seems to be helping me sleep. I used to wake up every hr or two and now I usually sleep through the night. I do wake up very sore. My back and my neck hurt and sometimes my leg muscles hurt, too. I just thought I might need a new bed. Maybe it is because I sleep better. I am not used to sleeping more than a couple of hours at a time. Although, I will take the soreness over the RLS pain anytime! :D
Rebecca

cornelia

Post by cornelia »

Me too, Rebecca, the soreness is much better than having no sleep etc..
When I get up I have to grab the wall (or my husband) to get out of bed and slowly, very slowly walk downstairs. Ater an hour or so the soreness in back, legs, shoulders etc. has gone. It is definately the Requip or probably the DA's in general that make us feel so sore.

Corrie

snyderra

Post by snyderra »

After surfing the boards, I've noticed that a lot of people with RLS are also on an antidepressant of some kind---including me! I wonder if there's a connection. Perhaps the sleep deprivation caused by RLS screws everything else up and requires us to take the other meds. I'm too young to have a day-of-the-week pill holder---but I do!

My not being able to get up this morning, though, I attribute to a Monday following a four-day weekend. Yay for holidays! Boo for Mondays! :)

~Rach