Withdrawal from Klonopin

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

--
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I just posted a long reply - the computer ATE IT!!!! I hate that, too, but not as much as RLS. Nor as much as I hate what it's doing to you.

I can't bear to type it all in again, dear. If you want, call me. I'm sure you have lots of us here to talk to, but in case you aren't sure if you can call, please know that you can. If you don't remember or have all of our numbers, just let us know.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

--
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ctravel12

withdrawal from klonopin

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Emily
I am so sorry for what you are going through. Please let us know what the the therapist says on Friday.

I still keep you in my prayers and will continue to do so.

We are pulling for you. I know it is easy for me to say this as I am not going through what you are. I really hope the therapist can give you something so you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I hope it works out well for you. I'm glad you did it. It may not feel like much, but just the act of doing it is a great thing. Truly.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

1freddy

Post by 1freddy »

I'm on klonopin now for rls and panic attacks. Any suggestions? It doesn't seem to be working as well as it did a week or 2 ago when I started on it.
Paula B.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

While Klonopin does work for some people, it does not work for most. What is tends to do it knock you out so you just sleep through it. If it's not working, there are lots of other (and better) alternatives.

I guess I'd wonder if the anxiety is there because of the RLS or its a separate thing. Or if you even can tell. . .I know the RLS sure increases my anxiety tremendously. When it's under control the anxiety is gone. But, that's me. So, my first question would be - do you need to treat both or just one? If you're not sure, try treating the RLS first, maybe, and see what happens.

Check out the New to RLS section and read the sticky posts. You'll find many, many good things there, including the algorithm that explains what drugs to use to treat RLS. First choice for daily RLS that prevents you from living your life (and sleeping, watching movies, reading books, etc.), is a dopamine agonist such as Mirapex and Requip. Both are approved in the US and Europe for treating RLS.

Managing Your RLS

cornelia

Post by cornelia »

I agree, when the RLS is under control, the anxiety goes.

Also: I have been on Requip for 3 years now and still have chills from time to time.

Corrie

vinton

klonopin

Post by vinton »

I'm not here to scare you but I was put on it in 88 at 2.5 mgs for my legs and in 2000 I decided to get off. I went too fast and it was terrible.
I lost 45 lbs and could not even get out of the house.

SO BEFORE YOU DO GO TO BENZO.ORG.UK AND YOU WILL FIND ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED TO DO SO.

I'm at 0.5 mgs and cutting 1/4 pill per 3 months.

Again it depends on tyhe dosage and the lenght of time you have been on.
Had multiple sclerosis for 35 years +

vinton

withdrawal

Post by vinton »

go to benzo.uk.org

vinton

klonopin

Post by vinton »

You should cut 1/4 every 3 months as you need time for the GABA receptors to be active again.

Go to benzo.org.uk
Good luck