"Blocking" action of Methadone

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Anonymous

"Blocking" action of Methadone

Post by Anonymous »

--
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

It sounds plausible to me, Emily. I think I'll do a little research and see what I can find. Someone else may already know.

Hey, when you are trying to find an answer, Emily, you try everything. I'm glad you're thinking and asking questions. That's how I found out about my back.

I'm doing fine--on the upswing as far as recuperating is concerned. I overdid it yesterday, so I'm taking it E-A-S-Y today.

Good to hear from you!

Hugs
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

Neco

Post by Neco »

My understanding of methadone was that it blocked the effects that make a person "high".. It could be that since the methadone itself is probably a potent painkiller, you are simply not noticing effects of lower strength narcotics because of "tolerance" or something along those lines.

But I don't know much about it either, this is just a shot in the dark

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

--
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neco

Post by Neco »

Take it from me, the high is quite real. Under normal circumstances you'd develop a tolerance to it and eventually not feel it, yes.. But if you were to continue to escalate the dosage of a drug, you would definitely feel the euphoric effects.

My experience was hydrocodone would knock me out at first, but then as I started growing tolerant to the same dose, I noticed I could stay awake, and it felt pretty darn good for a couple hours on end.

ctravel12

"blocking" action of methodone

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Em I sure hope that when the methadone is out of your system you are feeling much better. I ask God everynight (do not miss a night) to please help you get your QOL back to what it was before.

The best news that I could get is when you post and say "Hey everyone I am pain free." Then we can all howl at the moon. We are all pulling for you and like Jan said you are thinking about this and asking questions.

Hang in there Em, we are all there for you. Have a wonderful restful evening and weekend.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

--
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ctravel12

"blocking" action of methadone

Post by ctravel12 »

Emily, you are more than welcome. Yes, there are so many wonderful people on this board and that includes you too.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time