Panic attacks and my psychiatris: not working! PLEASE Help!

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
becat

Post by becat »

Geez wonder what I have, what my grandmother had, and many family members have? Hmmmmmmmmm
I'm done.

JudyH

Post by JudyH »

Essential Diagnostic Criteria
According to the 2003 report from the workshop,[1] four criteria are essential to the diagnosis of RLS:

An urge to move the legs. The urge is usually accompanied or caused by uncomfortable and unpleasant sensations in the legs.
The urge to move and unpleasant sensations begin or worsen during periods of rest or inactivity such as lying or sitting.
The urge to move and unpleasant sensations are partially or totally relieved by movement, such as walking or stretching, as long as the movement continues.
The urge to move and unpleasant sensations are worse in the evening or night than during the day or occur only in the evening or night.

The 2003 criteria differ from the 1995 criteria[5] primarily in the substitution of relief with movement in criterion #3 for the previous criterion of motor restlessness. The 2003 criteria also differ from International Classification of Sleep Disorders (ICSD) criteria[6] in including quiescegenicity (i.e., worsening of symptoms while at rest) as a key criterion.

Additional differential diagnosis information is available at the site that this was copied and pasted from: http://www.medscape.com/infosite/nsi/co ... sdiagnosis

These diagnostic criteria are available on literally 10s of thousands of entries on the internet and readily available to anyone who goes to Google and types in RLS, or Restless Leg Syndrome - Diagnosis, or Toward a Better Diagnosis of RLS.

JudyH

Post by JudyH »

If you do read the literature, you will learn that the most defining feature of the syndrome is discomfort relieved by movement. It is classified as a MOVEMENT DISORDER. RLS is a disorder that is defined by unpleasant sensations in the limbs (most usually the legs, but occasionally the arms) relieved by movement. It is not in any way defined by unpleasant sensations, or any kind of sensations, in the face or genitals, relieved by movement, or otherwise.

Movement disorders, by their nature, involve the limbs.

If a person presented to any doctor who knew anything about this disorder and stated that they had "excrutiating pain" in their legs, no doctor would ever diagnose RLS from this symptom. It is not a symptom of the disorder.

The person who is making these claims is not being truthful. The person making these claims is demonstrating their ignorance and simply trying to obscure and confuse what is known about the syndrome, and subvert the site.

Since the first person making claims about genitals and facial symptoms is a moderator, I question the validity and integrity of every single thing posted here.

There is a plethora of information about this disorder all over the internet, and it is very consistent. This particular site seems to be the place to come if you are a complete idiot. The infomation posted is idiotic. The people commenting are idiotic. This is a site for 16 year olds trying to bait people. Since I am responding to the bait, that makes me an idiot.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Then, please go. You seem to not be very happy here.

Judy, I've sent you a private message.
Last edited by ViewsAskew on Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

becat

Post by becat »

8) hmmmmmmmmmm
I've been a member of the board longer than I've been a moderator.

I've read the literature, I've talked to hundreds of people here, email, phone, and in person. I've been at the last 3 RLS Foundation National meetings. I could be wrong, was once before!

I'm not trying to be pushy, but I think maybe your not looking to educate, support, or befriend many people here.............so, I wish you well in life and God Speed to you.

8)

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

you know i never thought i would ever have contact with someone who is omnipotent! still haven't, although it's apparent we have one who thinks she is!!! I agree with who said lets ignore her, oh wait that was me just now!!

dee (wishes she was 16 again) :D
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It appears that I am the one the Judy is mad at. She feels, if I may paraphrase, that I dismissed her completely when she posted in the prior post. I seem to recall stating that I was glad it worked for her, and hoped it worked for others, however it didn't work for me, nor would it always work for everyone.

Since we seem to be at am impasse, and as I am apparently the primary target, I will do two things.

First, Judy, I apologize that you construed what I said as dismissive. It was not intended that way. I do not, however, withdraw anything else I said.

Second, I am locking this thread.

Judy, if you want to say anything else, please direct it to me, privately.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.