Mirapex usually for Parkinson's Treatment

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
ramona101

Post by ramona101 »

Has anyone taken Mirapex for RLS symptoms? Usually it is reserved to treat patients w/Parkinson Disease. It has helped me in dosage level of .75 or 1 mg.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It is not just for Parkinson's - thousands of RLS patients have used it. It is even approved by the FDA for treatment for RLS. Many of us here have used it - some successfully, some not.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Welcome Ramona101 I am sorry if you have rls, but you have found an excellent caring and supportive group. I am glad that you are getting relief.

Reading alot of the old and new posts has alot of good information. Read the forum New to RLS "Managing RLS" and read the Mayo Clinic Algorthim. You may want to copy the Mayo info and bring it to your dr.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing. I am sure other members will post and give you some good sound advise too.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

walkindafloors

Post by walkindafloors »

I worked with mental health for 5 years and learned quickly that most medications can be used for several different and quite varying symptoms/diagnosis. Wierd, cause I always wondered how the body knows in what way to use the medication :? Guess it's just more proof of how wonderfully we have been created! Welcome to the boards. You'll find a very caring and supportive group here ~ they've saved me on many occasions when I was ready to throw in the towel due to sleep deprivation.
Who took the FUN out of disFUNctional?
Kim <><