Plavix ?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Sojourner

Plavix ?

Post by Sojourner »

Have been doing some thinking stimulated by a post(s) related to what makes rls better. About 6 mos. ago, I suffered a TIA which, fortunately, did not result in any definable impairment. After a several day hospital stay, I was released and went into a brief period of rls remission or noticeable improvement lasting about three months. In looking back, about the only difference in medications was a several day dose of Plavix and the addition of a daily aspirin. I believe I have eliminated the aspirin as a cause of my good fortune but was wondering about the Plavix. Wondering if anyone has any thoughts about this or even a similar experience.

Hope anyone who is having a bad night will find some relief shortly.

Shalom

FidgetBoy

Post by FidgetBoy »

Hmmm... If you had an underlying condition called "peripheral vascular disease", then plavix could potentially make your legs feel better. Have you ever been diagnosed with poor blood flow to your legs??
Josh

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Have not been diagnoseed with any vascular disease. Had a test (some type of "doppler") to check for blood flow to the legs and results indicated no problem.

FidgetBoy

Post by FidgetBoy »

Boy, I can't think of any reason why plavix would make your legs feel better. Of course, we don't really even understand RLS in its entirety so... who knows. Weird!
Josh

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Well, as I said, I was just wondering. Too bad it couldn't have lasted longer...whatever it was.

Hope the sleepwalking for everyone will end early tonight.

Shalom

M.