Mirapex VS klonopin

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
vinton

Mirapex VS klonopin

Post by vinton »

I'Ve had MS for 35 years and I've been takin klonopin for anxiety for 20 years at 2.5 mgs and in 2000 decided to get off and went to hell and I'M back. Lst 45 lbs and could not even get out of the house.
In April 2006 I( was at 1.25 mgs and started cutting down and I'm now at 0.5 but since April I've had severe problems sleeping due to my legs and getting worse as I was cutting.

After 7 moths of tihs, my neuro said it was RLS and put mer on 0,=.5 mgs of mirapex but I took only 0.125 to start and stayed their till last week and went up tp 0.25 and my moods started to act up.

So at tihs time I'm questionning if I should go back to April on klonopin and feel fine rather than taking mirapex with other side effects.

I know how klonopin works and I was fine with it other that my GP who wanted me off.

SURE WOULD LIKE YOUR OPINION ON THIS BEFORE I TAKE A DECISION.

Thanks
Had multiple sclerosis for 35 years +

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I posted a bit about this in one of the other threads where this was talked about.

My two cents? How long were you on the Klonopin? Did you have any difficulty stopping it? Did it make you tired or foggy?

If not to all of the above, and it really did help the RLS and not just knock you out, then consider going back.

If you had any difficulty stopping it or felt tired/lethargic, then consider trying Requip instead. Many people can take both Mirapex and Requip, a few neither, but most can take one or the other. You could be in the camp that can't take either - both changed my moods. But, the chances are higher that they will work for the RLS and much better than the Klonopin. Of course, that's why we have bell-shaped curves - not everyone falls in the middle. Maybe you won't.

Good luck making a decision.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.