I am so glad I found ya'll

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
frustratedinga

I am so glad I found ya'll

Post by frustratedinga »

I had an extremely frustrating day at the doctor's office today. I have tried two drugs from the Parkinson's area, and both have made me violently ill. I told the nurse, because the doctor doesn't come in, that I will not try anymore of these drugs (Requip, ect.).

My RLS is okay at night due to klonopin. I have been taking it since 94, but I hurt so badly and suffer terribly during the day. I must find relief. I can no longer go out to eat, watch a movie, or even rock a baby to sleep. My life is miserable and now the doctor wants me to try Sinemet (carbidopa), which I began crying and left the office. She phoned me and told me I would not have a reaction like the last time, but I am terrified of trying it. Is there any advice out there on what I should do?

There are so many other things I could take during the day to alleviate the symptoms and I do not understand why doctors willn ot listen to me.

Sorry, but I needed to vent! :twisted:
"Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure."

George E. Woodberry

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

You have every right to be frustrated!

I do believe that most people do not have the side effects difficulties with Sinemet that they do with the other DAs. That said, however, you can't take this more than 4 days a week (or more the 300 mg a week), without terribly increasing your odds for augmentation. If you could get by taking it 4 or less days, I'd think trying it would be OK.

But you probably would do much better with one of the other drugs on the algorithm (if you haven't seen it, click on the link in my signature and you'll find a link to it in the following posts). Ultram might work well (often works well during the day). Or maybe one of the antisweizures.

The problem is that we all react so differently. Even if 98 people had a bad experience with something, there are 2 out of the hundred that will have a good one. Hard as it is, sometimes we just have to try things even when they seem scary.

Good luck - hope you find what you need here on our site.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

which drugs did you take frustrated?
requip and mirapex i bet
dee
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

frustratedinga

Post by frustratedinga »

I have been quite involved in family illnesses...I have taken Sinemet, I think it is spelled right. It made me so sick I was out of work for two days. That is what the doctor wanted me to retry. I have tried Requip with similar experiences, but it wasn't as bad. I refuse to go back to any of those drugs.
"Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure."

George E. Woodberry