mirapex urgent question

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
vinton

mirapex urgent question

Post by vinton »

For 5 days I was at 0.125 and did not feel that good. I went up to 0.25 and been there for the past 5 days.and its driving me crazy.

I cannot explain the right feeling but it would like I weighted 3x more, hot flashes, I dream scary stuff.Today whent to the city and parked my car, went to the sore and when I came out I did not remember where it was.
I'm sometimes tearful.

Guess I prefer insomnia that.

Sure would like to hear from someone on the board.
Had multiple sclerosis for 35 years +

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Vinton, I don't know what to say. It really sounds like this doesn't work for you - that the side effects are overwhelming versus the help you get from it.

Are you taking this because you feel you have to? Maybe because you don't feel you have other choices? Or that you aren't sure if you are making a mountain out of a molehill?

Only you can say what works and doesn't work. We are all so different regarding these drugs. It really sounds to me that this is not a good drug for you. While it does work for many, it certainly does NOT work for everyone.

What kind of help can we give to you?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

vinton

mirapes side effects

Post by vinton »

The drug did wonders for my legs but the side effects are way too much a price to pay. I've had MS for 35 years and have taken many drugs on&off so its a fear issue but these side effects are on the list of people with parkinson at higher dose.

Thanks four your advice
Had multiple sclerosis for 35 years +

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

You know, some of us have gotten those same side effects. I was on a very low dose and had 10-15 side effects. Many of them were emotional - crying, etc. but including having weird brain compulsions, like hearing the same song in my head for DAYS! (Even in my dreams.)

If it helps, that is good. Especially because it helps as a nice low dose.

You can try Requip next, if you want. Because you can't take one doesn't at all mean you can't take another in the same class. I couldn't, and other can't, but many tolerate one and not the other.

And, if that doesn't work, you still have other options, too. Did you look at the algorithm? If you take the link in my signature, you'll find it in the first or second post. It may help you decide what to do next.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.