RLS and Anti depressants

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
vinton

RLS and Anti depressants

Post by vinton »

I've tried mirapex at 0.25 and it solved my leg problem but i felt like Iwas in tunnel. Went to shop and when I got out it took me 15 minutes to find my car. Scared the heck out of me. Was at 0.125 for 10 days and 0.25 for 5 days.

So I went back to 0.125 and I'M down..ouf!

I read the previous post that ad's like effexor worsenend RLS but I'M wondering when taking mirapex with it if i t does nor caused my problem.
Had multiple sclerosis for 35 years +

jumpy

Post by jumpy »

Just to be funny, Maybe a walker but not a wheelchair. You won't be able to sit still long enough. I was on Zolof and effxor(excuse the spelling) and my doctor put me on Requip. It was like being in a glass bubble watching the world go by. When we finally decided the ADs were part of the RLS problem I got off both. I am now on Requip, Neurontin, and Lortab. No side effects but still in pain.(hense the Lortab) The Requip did not go well with the ADs but did stop the "jumpy" part of the RLS. Until I found this site, which is wonderful, I did not know that my leg pain was part of the RLS. I thought it was but wasn't sure. I think my doctor knew. There are lots of meds out there and sometimes you just need to try one or several to find out what works for you. There are other parts of this discussion board that can give you suggustions. Just do what I did and look arround. Good luck and hang in there. You're not alone....Pat