Levo-Dromoran

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Anonymous

Levo-Dromoran

Post by Anonymous »

Anyone know much about this one?
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It's the brand name of levorphenol. Dr Becker recommends it or methadone in terms of effectivness. I don't know anything else about it.

Per the 24/7 thing, I don't think the getting in front of it applies :? . You can't for one thing. It mostly applies to people taking DAs - they don't work as well once the RLS has started; part of that is how long they take to work. But opioids work fast. They are considered an option for intermittent RLS because they work fast and you can take them after the RLS has started and they still work.

That said, I do find that if I take my meds late, the next night I have some RLS all night long. It screws up the amount in my system. But, in your case, you will have a specific amount in your system within a couple of doses. After that, it shouldn't matter, I wouldn't think.

There are about four or five opioids that are high-potency. I have no idea of how (or why) they work differently from one another, but it certainly couldn't hurt to try every last one of them if needed.

Most people who take additional drugs (what Dr B calls combination therapy) are using low-potency opioids, not high-potency. And combination therapy has a DA at the core most of the time. Most people don't even try the high-potency ones unless the DAs don't work, so they don't take other stuff with them. Your situation is quite different than most people's, however. That said, it's possible that a high-potency opioid and a DA together might really work for you. I completely understand your reticence to try a DA after what has happened so far.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Thanks, Ann. You are always so helpful.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Ah, yes, Ms Helpful. Glad to be of service.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.