What is everyone taking these days?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Anonymous

What is everyone taking these days?

Post by Anonymous »

Hope everyone is finding success with their medications!
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

hey em,

my klonopin is starting to lose it's working powers, my pain med the oxycodone er is working great, especially because i sit in an office chair from 7am till sometimes 6pm, the sinemet is great for when pain in legs is extremely harsh, it works fast but only with the pain med and i only take it when i really need it because of the high augmentation rate. the requip never worked without a pain med and the sinemet doesn't either just by itself.

i haven't tried lunesta, but i know ambien has the opposite effect on me. still use my leg massager, and i use my electric blanket but usually end up sleeping with one foot out of the covers. still soak in hot bath water with some aroma salts in it.

i am starting to feel the same feeling in my arms and i still get up everymorning and walk like i am a 100 yrs old, because i hurt so bad.

thats about it

dee
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

ctravel12

what is everyone taking these days ?

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Emily
It is good to see you posting ,but wish you were feeling much better. The only thing that I take is 1mg of the clonazapem and so far has been working for me.. I also have wondered if taken for a length of time if I would grow tolerant of it. I have heard other people make this coment. Will see.

I hope that you are able to find something that will give you the relief that you so much deserve.

You are also in my daily prayers and will continue to do so.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

FidgetBoy

Post by FidgetBoy »

I'm on neurontin 800 mg at night + my oxycontin 10 mg at around 4 pm. When those don't work- which is 2-3 nights per week now- I throw robaxin on board. Stupid rls!! :shock: I had the same problem with klonopin, Em-- not the withdrawal part, but the "not working" part. It's good to see you on the boards! If you had to guess on the % that your symptoms are treated by your lunesta/dilaudid/vitamin cocktail- what would it be? Just curious how you're doing.
Josh

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

i am at 1mg of clonazepam (klonopin) and having same prob as you FB

dee

Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

Neco

Post by Neco »

You wouldn't be able to describe what hydromorphone is like would you? Say, versus others close to it's strength? Would it even compare to hydrocodone?

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Still on Hydrocodone, but my Neuro just gave me a script for Nucor, which according to him is the same narcotic as Vicodin but only half the APAP. I said, "If it doesn't work can I call you to get Vicodin again?" and he says, "If it doesn't work then take an Extra Strength Tylenol and a half with it and it will be exactly what you're taking now"...which is generic Vicodin. It works vewwy, vewwy well.

Aye, I'm also taking 100 mg. of Lyrica three times a day lassie. I'm getting a wee bit of some side effects...blurred vision and something like hot flashes, but it's helping with me foot and leg pain. I'll stop talking like a leprechaun...I don't know why but whenever I say "Lyrica", I have to do it with an Irish accent. It's a nerve pain medication. My foot and leg pain is still there, believe me, even with the Vicodin, I'm constantly whining about my wimpy feet and legs. The Neuro doesn't want to increase the dosage 'cause of the side effects.

Zach...Hydromorphone, to me, is pretty comparable to Hydrocodone. I haven't taken it consistently enough to know the long term side effects, but the initial effect of the drug, to me, is almost identical. It may be a tad stronger, but not a huge difference to an EX-Vicodin. To me anyway.

Neco

Post by Neco »

Hrmm.. good to know.. I have always hated the whole acetaminophen content deal.. But never seemed to have any options except to step UP to oxycodone, which sucked.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

--
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

--
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Anyone try Metanx, by the way? Is this only good for people whose RLS is caused by vitamin deficiency?

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

percocet always worked for me, depends on the mg of the vicodin as well as the percocet

dee

Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Currently staying with the 900 mg of neurontin at bedtime for PLM's. Doesn't make me sleepy. Haven't found anything else, yet, to go along with it.

M.

becat

Post by becat »

Hi Em,
Yes it is so nice to see you again. I hope that the hoidays were good for you and the family.........See we miss you around here. :D

Currently I'm in a "sorta drug holiday" the sleep med I have used for YEARS just stopped, so that has changed. It's helped for sure, I just let it go far too long.
I'm still on my pain med and at the same rate, unless I can go for acupuncture every week. It truly does help with my pain. Lol I am trying hard to find that "happy place" with that many needles. Pin cushion-HA!
I can actully go down with the pain meds with the scupuncture, but never sleep......still. It helps if I can go and most of the time I have been able to. Then too, the amount of stress, work vs play/walking makes a difference for me as well.
Vitamins, well I listen to my body its faster and more accurate than anything else, for me. I take magnesium 500 mg up to 3 a day, but understand that I will stay at home the next day. :shock: Added a detox combinations of herbs and things (?, mom found it) for my sinus and allergiers.
The best thing is I took Lyndaraes advice and bought a bed warmer. It is the best ever. Its a toal body heater that mattress warmer is, wow. Love it.
hugs to all,
lynne

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

yep lynne you couldn't pay me for my electric blankie, well you could pay me and i could go buy a new one!!!!

dee

Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945