clonazepam (generic klonipon)

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
HarryD

Post by HarryD »

One problem I have encountered is timing. My doctor told me to take .25mg of Klonopin every twelve hours. I don't know why I can't just take .5mg in the evening in one dose. I take my antidepressant when I get up in the morning, and I have found if I take that and my Klonopin too close together, it causes some sort of reaction. But I don't want to wait too long to take the clonazepam, because I don't want to stay up late at night to take the second dose 12 hours later. Another thing that bothers me is I'm leaving in four more weeks to spend a month in Australia, and the time zones are going to play havoc with my dosing schedule. Then when I return, I have that whole battle to go through again. RLS really changes our schedules and times, doesn't it!
HD

ctravel12

clonazapem (generic klonipon)

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Harry. I would check with your dr as why he is doing this. Fortunately, I do not have to take any antidepressant and just take my clonazapem about half an hour before retiring and it works for me. Did you tell your dr just what you told us, if not, I would let him know your concerns especially with going to Australia and the time zone.

Let us know what happens and good luck with you. Also in case I forget to tell you in a month lol Have a wonderful trip in Australia.

Hey I just noticed that we are neighbors as I live in Lake Havasu City.

Have a good day and please keep us posted on what is going on.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

sugbrendas

Post by sugbrendas »

I have a really set time where i need to go to bed and get up. If i don't follow the "rules" i feel terrible. They say it's jet lag. Even the 1 hour change in spring and fall has a impact on me and can take weeks to get straight.
Did your Dr say you have to take your antidepressant in the pm?
Does it make you sleepy?
I would talk to your Dr now so maybe there is a way to prepare..

I take my meds hours before i go to bed.
Finally able to sleep on average 9 hours a night!
Brenda

meanma

Post by meanma »

Hi, I am new to this, and am not sure if I am doing this right or not. I am recently retired, and new to computors.
I have had RLS for probably 15 yrs. and never knew it was a medical problem that could be dealt with, til about a year ago. I am taking Clonazepam and cut the .5mg pills in half. I take it at bedtime and sometimes, I get lucky and do not have to take any. Once in awhile I have to take a whole pill. I have not had any side effects. I also did not know you have to be weaned off of this. At my age, 64, I do not think I will worry about it. I can sleep now, so I am happy. Good luck to you all. meanma

SquirmingSusan wrote:Hi Amy,
There are quite a few people who take klonazepam on this board. Hopefully they'll answer.

I took diazepam for 10 years for chronic vertigo from inner ear damage. It's in the same class of drugs, so it probably has similar effects. I had to take it 3 times a day, every day. It was between that or surgery to cut the nerve for balance in my left ear. :shock: My doctor warned me that I would be pretty out of it for about 3 months. I remember sleeping a lot, and having a lot of fatigue. But eventually I could take lots of it without any sleepiness (in case of a severe vertigo attack).

My doctor just put me back on it, after augmenting on Requip. I'm kind of high strung, and it does mellow me out a teeny bit, but even after not taking it for over a year, (except for vertigo emergencies), I don't notice any side effects. Somehow it still works for the vertigo, though, and it kept the RLS away for those 10 years. I haven't been taking it for the RLS, though. I've been taking Vicodin until the pain from the augmentation goes away. And thankfully, it IS going away.

I hope it works out for you. Keep us posted.

Susan