Lunesta

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

PJ, it is so hard to have this condition. It's so hard to not think that it will last forever.

Please have hope. I recently went to a workshop away from home and wondered how I would ever sleep at night and be awake during the day. Thanks to some serious advocating for the right treatment, things worked. I slept at night and had energy during the day. Now I'm thinking that I'll sign up for a chaplaincy residency next year, because I think I can finally handle working DAYS.

It takes time. It's very frustrating. I totally felt like I was going to end up in the psych ward. But I'm starting to feel better. You will too!

Susan

PJ

Post by PJ »

I got some good news today, there was a cancellation and I am going to the Sleep Doc tomorrow with documents in hand. I just am not sure anymore which is causing my symptoms as I have hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism along with the RSL / PLMD. The achiness, tiredness, insomnia, cramping are symptoms of both and I am one of those borderline cases where the blood tests look normal but I feel awful. I am hopeful since this doctor has more experience with sleep disturbances. All I want to do is get some GOOD sleep. And you are right, they should understand .....residency should have caused them major sleep deprivation. Thank you all for your support, will pray for us all....that tonight we all sleep restfully :)