Lunesta

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
debt_59

Lunesta

Post by debt_59 »

Has anyone taken Lunesta? How does it seem to work on most people for getting some sleep???
I am so d*** tired I can't see straight :cry:
I am ready to try anything at this point. You could say I am having a rotten week. My fibro is acting up and I think it is because I ain't getting a restfull sleep. I wish they could find something that would cure us all!
Maybe someday I sure hope I live long enough to see it.

brandy

Post by brandy »

I have had good results with Lunesta, but I typically need a higher than recommended dose. If your doc is willing to write it for you, I would say you should give it a shot. It leaves a bad taste in your mouth (the only bad side effect I experienced) and I didn't experience any hang over the next day. Good luck and keep us informed.
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. Albert Schweitzer

Neco

Post by Neco »

Lunesta kind of works for me as well, then eventually I just have to stop it for a while. I have the same problem with ambien. If you are desperate for sleep it's definitely worth a try, but if you end up not falling alseep - don't make plans because I would not even want to try leaving the house on that stuff

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Lunesta has worked well for me, but my prescription is for 2 - 2mg. tablets every night. I take one, and then if an hour later I haven't gone to sleep, I take the other one. That's a higher than usual dose, but it's what works. I can often get to sleep after taking just 1 of them, but it's nice to have the option of taking the second.

I'm one of the people who has had a bad reaction to Ambien. I had a psychotic episode with hallucinations. :roll: After I went to sleep I slept really well, though. From the Ambien site, about 4% of people get such reactions. That seems a bit "high" to me.

When the RLS is acting up, no sleeping pills works for me.

Susan

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

--
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jbrinkley

Post by jbrinkley »

Lunesta is the only thing that has really helped me sleep. I would say it works 95% of the time. Every once in awhile I have trouble. I have been on it about 4 months, I went back to the doc today for my legs and mentioned the bad taste and another side affect of Lunesta that I don't like, so he gave me a prescription for restoril to try, if it don't work I will prolly go back to Lunesta, I tried Ambien and after not getting any sleep, I went back to Lunesta. I hope the restoril works as good without the side effects, but I have found every drug has side effects, my problem is finding a drug that works and being able to live with the side effects.

good luck to you

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

OK, I'm already going to get a reputation for being weird for my adoration of vick's vaporub, but I actually kind of LIKE that Lunesta taste. :? It reminds me of the bitterness of beer, and it lets me know that it's in my system.

Susan

jbrinkley

Post by jbrinkley »

hey squirming, you must not drink that much water..... either that, or I agree, you are a bit weird, lol. j/k I try to drink mostly water and the Lunesta just ruins it. Anyway, it must be nice to be able to like the aftertaste of it. Sure would be easier for me if I like it.

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

jbrinkley wrote:hey squirming, you must not drink that much water..... either that, or I agree, you are a bit weird, lol. j/k I try to drink mostly water and the Lunesta just ruins it. Anyway, it must be nice to be able to like the aftertaste of it. Sure would be easier for me if I like it.

You know I was reading the posts and I think it is great that we can all have fun and kid around and no one gets offended. This is really an awesome group. Love you all.

Everyone have a wonderful and restful night.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

jbrinkley wrote:hey squirming, you must not drink that much water..... either that, or I agree, you are a bit weird, lol. j/k I try to drink mostly water and the Lunesta just ruins it. Anyway, it must be nice to be able to like the aftertaste of it. Sure would be easier for me if I like it.

I drink lots of water, but not at bedtime. :P Tastes like beer anyway. :lol:

Susan

debt_59

Post by debt_59 »

I can't really explain the taste but I know it's bad and it makes water taste bad. I don't think it's gonna work for me had 6 bad hours of sleep in the last 4 days. I am totally and mentally exausted :cry:
I do not know what else to ask Dr to try on me. I am so tired I think I could have a nervous break down if I knew how to have one LOL
I am going to call doc cause my legs have even been worse than usual. Been real depressed but I went off the Cambalta to cause I thought it was doing the leg thing allot worse was only on them 3 days to. But the legs continue to get worse and I am now wondering if it is the Lunesta?? Any one had this effect with Lunesta? Also I have had terrible indestigation since the Lunesta any one else?
I am going to ask doc to knok me out today and tonight then to find something else for me. I don't care if they give me a shot or what they have to do but I have to go to sleep today. I can't function. I have my own business so I can go home it's a laundromat and it will run without me today and tonight I am sure. If I don't get some restfull sleep I am going to end up in the nut ward. I will ask my hubby to have the little men in the white coats to come get me. :lol:
Any sleep med suggestions and how about the different reactions I am having?
Thank- God and you all for this board
Sincerely
Debbie

jbrinkley

Post by jbrinkley »

Debt, someone else from the board asked about indegestion, they said they had started having it since taking Lunesta, I don't have that problem, but I am sure it has different effects on people. As far as sleep aids, have you tried ambien? My dad uses it and after he takes it he is out in about 10 minutes. I've seen him take it and sit in his chair for a few minutes and when he gets up to go to bed, he barely makes it. It really works for him, but I tried it and it didn't touch me, I tried it for a few weeks before calling the doc to get me back on Lunesta. I am fixing to go get a prescription for restoril, hopefully it will work as good as the Lunesta without the side effects, I'll let you know how it goes after a few days.

Oh, and I've found that no sleep aid helps when my legs start acting up real bad.

debt_59

Post by debt_59 »

Yes I hve tried Ambien cr and it did not work for me. In the begining Lunesta did work till the side effects and then I was awake every hour when I did sleep. Iam still waiting on Dr to call me I called at 8 AM of course you have to talk to the nurse and she calls you back.
I hate trying new drugs plus I have no Insurance, but Dr has been real good about getting me samples. Also she introduced me to PPARX which is helping me now with all the meds I take. Once I find a sleep aide that will work I know she will get that for me to through PPARX. If I could not get that help I do not know what I would do.
Thanks for all your help
Debbie

ctravel12

lunesta

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Em I just read your post and am glad that you are getting some sleep; however so sorry that you are still struggling. You are in my prayers everynight.

BTW when is your surgery scheduled? Please let us know so we can all remember you in our prayers.

Take care my friend.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

FidgetBoy

Post by FidgetBoy »

Em's having surgery?? What's wrong, Em? :(
Josh