Travel Tips

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Kwazylegs

Travel Tips

Post by Kwazylegs »

My wife and I are planning a driving trip to Arkansas next month. Anybody have any suggestions for medications to cope with the RLS during the 700 mile drive? I've read somewhere that Sinemet, taken no more than 4 days a week (to reduce the risk of augmentation), might be a good choice. Mirapex and Requip (for me) either aren't effective, or have drowsiness as an unwanted side-effect. I understand that Sinemet is available in different strengths/combinations. Anybody have experience with this med. for temporary, short-term symptoms during travel? Thanks. ---Andy