How long did DAs work for you?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Great way to be proactive! I hope he listens. If he's worth his salt, he will.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

chefws

Post by chefws »

Thank you all for the kind words, as a follow up, I went to drop the letter by on my way into work. The office was open, and I handed the letter to the receptionist, who, of course, had me wait while she listened to a co-workers tale of her sister's newborn. I was about to get mad, but she took the letter, saw the look on my face and gave the letter to my doctor as I was about to leave and continue on to work. I was called back and told the doctor wanted to talk with me. We had a long discussion about the algorithm, treatment options and other consderations.
So we are trying the 300mg of neurontin 3 times a day with my choice of 5 to 10 mg of the Oxycodone as a starting point.
Tonight will be my first night of the new routine, so I will report back on how well it works. I am starting out on 5mg of the Oxycodone.
My wife has hidden the bottle from me, rofl, and is nervous I will go off the deep end. Time will tell.

ctravel12

how long did da's work for you?

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi chefws You are more than welcome for the kind words. It certainly helps to know that we understand what you are going through.

That was sad that the receptionist was so rude. At least she did get the letter to the dr and hopefully he will get you on the right track.

Please keep us updated on how you are doing. I love the comment you made about your wife hiding the bottle. I know that she loves you and is concerned and know that you know that too. Boy is that a mouthful LOL.

Have a nice and restful evening.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Way to go, chefws!!! I hope your new treatment regimen offers you some relief.

Susan

becat

Post by becat »

Chefws Awesome.

It is not an easy thing to do, but you did it! I know when I had to talk to my doc it was like sitting in school as a kid and being in trouble. I was shaking. Silly I know, but it's true.

You give all of us hope and I thank you for sharing your experience and your bravery.

May the moon shine brightly on you tonight.

Hugs
Lynne

Juska

Post by Juska »

I have been on quite a few DA's and they never worked for me, I assume you're referring to Mirapex and meds of that nature. Yeah...they didnt do crap for me.