Ambien cr?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
debt_59

Ambien cr?

Post by debt_59 »

Hi All
Doc finall called me yesterday and gave me some samples of Ambien cr
Does anyone else take this and if so how does it work for you'
I took it last night for the first time and I fell asleep fast and never woke till 7 hrs later, which is good for me I usuall have been waking every 2 hrs and it taking 2 - 3 hrs to get to sleep. So I had a rested night last night. Thank God :)
Will I have to find something else because this will not work for an extended period of time?

brandy

Post by brandy »

Congratulations on finding someitng that worked for you! The world looks so much better when you've had some rest. People react differently to different medications. Some can take Ambien CR indefinitely and some find that it is not as effective after a period of use. It is approved by the FDA for long-term use, though. Good luck and congratulations on getting a decent nights sleep!
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. Albert Schweitzer

blryan

Post by blryan »

I take Ambien CR occassionaly and it works well for me. My neuro says I can take it nightly if I want but I'm too afraid of getting dependent on it. I only take it maybe once a week. It's more of a security blanket than anything else. I know if I'm not sleeping well, I've got something that will work. Consequently, I started sleeping better just knowing it was there if I needed it.

Barb

AussieRodney

Post by AussieRodney »

I used Ambien for a period of some months after my second wife died. Often it was the only reason I got ANY sleep.

I did eventually have to wean myself off & now I have a similar Australian product called Stillnox for when, like you, I really need it.

And as others have said, congratulations on finding something that works, even if the results are necessarily temporary. Any gain is better than none!

Rodney.
Life is not a dress rehearsal, it's the real thing.

amytazzi

ambien

Post by amytazzi »

I take it every night and it is the only way I can fall asleep before 4 am and stay a sleep. Sometimes it takes 1 to 2 hrs to fall asleep, but I am not complaining. It works very well in my experience.

Amy

sugbrendas

Post by sugbrendas »

Doesn't it almost make you feel giddy when you sleep all night and it was good sleep?
I've been doing really well for about 1-2 years and have energy to do stuff. People without RLS really don't appreciate what a good night sleep really means to us. I thank God every morning.
Finally able to sleep on average 9 hours a night!
Brenda