PMLD treatment

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
johnson001

PMLD treatment

Post by johnson001 »

anyone know the treatment for PMLD?

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Can only speak for myself and with brief experience...I have been trying neurontin. For me 900 mg at bedtime did a good job controlling the PLM's. However, as noted in other posts, I am having a bit of time with side effects (headpain, ear noise) which cause me to drop to 600 mg which is not as effective but does lessen the head pain a bit. Guess, in this respect, I am a work in progress so to speak.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Mmmm. Am surpised there were not more responses to this post. Makes me wonder if I missed something.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It's weird how some things get answered right away and others don't.

I say the same things, so I sound like a broken record. . .

Start with the Sticky post on managing RLS. There are links in there that explain what PLMD is and how to treat it. The basics are similar to RLS. The dopamine agonists work well, opioids work well, and benzos work for some (they don't stop the movements, but stop them from awakening you). The anti-siezures work, too, primarily Neurontin, but I don't know of any data about how well (it may be out there, I just don't remember it).
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.