My body is so messed up!

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
cornelia

Post by cornelia »

For me Ultram works as a stimulant too. It actually does to a majority of people. Many patients (like myself) take it for daytime use because the DA's make them feel sleepy or take away energy. Maybe it's not the right med in the right time for you, Brandy.

Corrie

rfishburn

Post by rfishburn »

Grrrrr I found out why I can't get ultram filled. I did mail order for the first time and all I wanted was my asthma meds on it but they decided to also fill the ultram and I figured as much but they don't want to refill 3 months at a time on that so now I can't get any till they work it out. One of the things I did want on it was advair and they did not do that but atleast I can get that at the pharmacy now....all the rest are hung up for about 3 weeks is what they told me.
Randy

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Randy, how on earth can they withhold your meds for 3 weeks!!! That's just unbelievable. OK, it's believable, but really. Can you get another prescription that you can take to your local pharmacy to get you through until they work out the details?

Susan

becat

Post by becat »

Randy, I'm with Susan on this one.
Your doc must know and should have offered you a between times fill at the local pharmacy.
I'd be on the phone if not tonight, first thing in the morning.
If your doc knows you and it's been more than 5 visits, they should be comfortable helping you out. I shouldn't put in a number of visits, I don't know your doc......but come on! That is harsh not to help you, if asked.
If not, they should help you out anyway.
I also get my refills by mail and in 3 month supplies. I have no problem telling my doc how messed up that system is and how we need to work around it. I take cheap stuff though, except the Ambien, and if I self pay it's not a huge chunk. 50.00 tops......well worth the relief and bless me, the sleep.
I hope you get your meds soon.
Hang in there and make that call.
Lynne

rfishburn

Post by rfishburn »

Yeah, they are going to mail me a script for ultram to fill in the meantime, but since it has been filled by insurance for 3 months this will be out of pocket. I guess even without coverage it's not to expensive but now I have to wait till tomorrow to fill that script also.
Randy