CYMBALTA

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
debt_59

CYMBALTA

Post by debt_59 »

Hi All,
Got anothe drug question? Doc switched me from Ambien cr to Lunesta. The Ambien was not doing the trick. The Lunesta seems to be working, still in the trial stage.
Been severly depressed and it has gotten so bad that I could not stand my self. Sit around crying and feeling so empy and the empty feeling would not go.
It became worse so I went to DR yesterday and she put me on Cymbalta she said it works good with Fibro myligia spelling probley stinks today.
Said it might help with the pain I have in my shoulders and back from the fibro. She knows I have pain and I never ask for pain pills. I hate them. They make me sick literally, plus I have had 3 close family members have several back surgerys and have watched 2 of them become very addicted to them. I do not like anything that makes me feel like I have no control and thats just my way. I have taken them before after surgerys but not for long. I know though if it gets to bad I can ask and they will give them to me. I take muscle relaxors once in a while and bottle of 30 lasts me 2 months
So does anyone know anything about cymbalta and rls?
I hope it works I just hate the trial and error thing with new drugs.
Hope everyone is doing good :)
Have a great weekend!!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I hope it works, but the chances are not good that it is compatible with RLS. ALL anti-depressants except bupropion (Wellbutrin), desipramine (Norpramin), and trazedone (Desyrel, Trazon, or Trialodinel) worsen RLS in the majority of the people who take them. Two others may not bother it, but there are no studies for sure: nortriptyline and protriptyline.

Are you taking anything for the RLS? Because most of the drugs we take change our brain chemistry, it's possible that the depression is being caused by the drugs you are taking. No question, Mirapex caused major personality changes, including times of depression, crying jags, etc.

Hope this helps some.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ctravel12

cymbalta

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi debt_59 I am so sorry about your depression. That is a miserable feeling. I have been down that road crying and not knowing why. I sometimes have that feeling but not as bad.

I know that you do not want to take anything that will be addictive and cannot blame you; however if it will work for you I would try it.

I am not in the medical field just giving you my 2 cents worth. I hope that you do not mind.

I also am on an addictive drug and know that it is. It does help me and hope that it continues.

Good luck with your new med and please let us know how you are doing.

This is one wonderful family as we are here for you no matter.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Neco

Post by Neco »

I took Cymbalta for a short while, just before the commercials started coming on I think. It definitely did something for some every day aches and pains I did have.. But I still felt dangerously zombified, and was not comfortable driving at all.. I am not sure if I experience the same urinary difficulty as I've had with other drugs though. Right now I take Luvox, and it does not seem to boter my RLS at all.

Depending on what you take for your RLS, you may be able to get away with taking many different anti-depressant

debt_59

Post by debt_59 »

I take requip for my rls. The depression just came on the last few weeks. I have a history of major depression, It may be because of the fibro and rls or combo of both, but both sides of the family have a history of depression. I have noticed that my legs have been a little more active the last 2 days, I have only been on it 2 days, would I be showing symptoms that fast with this new drug?
Where is the list of the drugs that seem to interact with rls ? I seen it once but can not remember where I went to get it?
I defentiley need something and the nortriptyline did not work for me I had nightmares and it would not let me sleep hardley at all.
Trazadone I took for several years but I think my body became immune to it whats the word for that? Any way I quit taking it 3 months ago and thats when I think the depression began.
I am open for all help. I have to be on some kind of anti depressant, please if any one knows anything about a anti depressant that works with rls I really need some help.
Thanks to all of you, I really appreciate your help
Thanks again
Debbie

Neco

Post by Neco »

It wouldn't be uncommon at all. usually that's the primary way we find out something bothers us (benadryl, AD's etc), the symptoms set in almost immediately. When I was on Remeron I could feel an increase in symptoms within 30 minutes or less.. Which sucked because it was usually good at helping become drowsey

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

debt_59 wrote:Where is the list of the drugs that seem to interact with rls ? I seen it once but can not remember where I went to get it?
I am open for all help. I have to be on some kind of anti depressant, please if any one knows anything about a anti depressant that works with rls I really need some help.
Thanks to all of you, I really appreciate your help
Thanks again
Debbie

Hi Debbie Regarding the anti depressant that works with rls look at the Forum New to RLS "Managing RLS" half way down the page there is a link for rls and depression. I hope that this helps you.

I do not remember either the list of drugs that interact with rls, but am sure one of the members will post it for you.

Good luck and hope that this info is of some help to you.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

ctravel12

cymbalta

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Debbie I was looking around for the drugs to avoid that interacts rls. Look at this site
http://bb.rls.org/viewtopic.php?t=252

I hope this will also help you.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time