Antidepressants

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
debt_59

Antidepressants

Post by debt_59 »

Hi All,
Has anyone found a antidepressant that is not on the list, that works with RLS?
I am desperate. I have taken wellbutrin and it dos not work for the depression on me. I need to find something. Any suggestions from anyone would be greatly appreciated :cry:
Thank you
Debbie

Neco

Post by Neco »

I'm taking 200mg of Luvox daily and haven't seen any negative side effects

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Oh, Debbie, I so sympathize. Right now I'm not taking anything for my depression and am getting by, but may need to go back on something. I've tried Welbutrin in the past, and may need to try it again, but if that doesn't work I'll probably need one of the antidepressants that makes the RLS worse. It seems like Effexor didn't bother the RLS too much, at least as much as Lexapro. But then, maybe it did because it screwed up my sleep schedule totally...

I was taking St. John's Wort for a few months, with good results, but that has a lot of drug interactions, so I've been trying to live without. It's been a ride. Horrible mood swings, irritability, dark thoughts. I'm not sure what's caused by the augmentation from Requip, from being hypothyroid, and what's caused from stopping the antidepressants.

Shoot, I would even consider electroconvulsive therapy if it would allow me to live without the antidepressants that aggravate my RLS.

But then again, being off the ADs hasn't helped my RLS any.

I need a committee of medical professionals to sort out my brain chemicals, sigh.

Best wishes, Debbie, I hope you figure out something.

Susan