Hydrocodone

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
desertgirl

Hydrocodone

Post by desertgirl »

For the past 4 months I was seeing a Neurologist who had me taking 3 7.5/750 mgs. of Vicodin everyday. I am no longer seeing him and I am now going to a pain management clinic where the doctor has me taking 4 10/325 mgs of Norco everyday. Does anyone know if these are the same medications? Although I am now taking a higher mg with the Norco I am not getting as much relief and it just makes me sleepy. Any information would be appreciated.
Jennifer
Looking for Hope..

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Jennifer, yes it is the same medication, but...

The first number is the amount of hydrocodone in the drug - so in the Vicodin you were getting 7.5 mg hydrocodone, and the second number is the acetaminophen (Tylenol).

With the Norco you are getting 10 mg of hydrocodone with each dose, but about half the Tylenol.

Tylenol is bad for the liver over time, so that's probably why the doc switched you. But maybe the Tylenol was helping you?

I wish the hydrocodone made me sleepy. That would make it the perfect bedtime drug for me. :(

I hope that helps explain.

Susan

Neco

Post by Neco »

Heh, yeah I remember when that stuff used to put me to sleep real good.