Low testosterone and RLS

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
rfishburn

Post by rfishburn »

I have no idea if that works or not.
Randy

bharrod

Re: Low testosterone and RLS

Post by bharrod »

rfishburn wrote:I know this sounds wierd but I was just diagnosed with low testosterone...very low. I bring this up because I still work out and had taken a testosterone boosting supplement and my symptoms eased up and I though it was a fluke but according to the doctor a lot of my symptoms including leg pain unrefreshing sleep, anxiety etc are caused by low test. Considering the blood results it will be interesting to see how fixing it helps the rls or if maybe rls was a mis diagnosis. Just kind of thinking out loud since the test levels were really low...can anyone give any input?

My husband has low testosterone, and has never had RLS.

rfishburn

Post by rfishburn »

I am probably just lucky to have both...
Randy

bharrod

Post by bharrod »

rfishburn wrote:I am probably just lucky to have both...

Not joking here............What are your other symptoms of low testosterone? Low sex drive? Small penis? etc.......

My husband has all that and more, but he thinks RLS is a joke and that I am faking it..........

rfishburn

Post by rfishburn »

Low sex drive, general apathy and low evergy. depression and temer flares and of course the ever shrinking genitals. With the legs it just an uneasy feeling...if I move them I get some relief, after sinemet and requip my daytime symptoms got worse, I actually thought my pager was going off sometimes. The best way I have heard it explained is it really feels like something crawling on your legs. For me it got better when I was on testosterone...as a matter of fact my first injection in several months was just about 30 minutes ago so it will be interesting to see again how much it helps since I think I have the therapy that I need worked out..probably good month till I will knwo for sure.
Randy

KBear

Post by KBear »

Randy- glad to hear that you are getting the treatment that you need. Keep us posted, I love success stories. :wink:
Kathy

Link to the Mayo Clinic Algorithm:

http://www.mayoclinicproceedings.com/pd ... 907Crc.pdf