Holy crap Wal-Mart

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Neco

Holy crap Wal-Mart

Post by Neco »

$8 for #120 Tramadol 50mg ??

$8 !! For the love of god don't ever jack the price up on me!

ShopKo wanted $34 and my local pharmacy charged me like $43 last time :shock:

mctoo25

Soooo, paying out of pocket is cheaper than insurance co-pay

Post by mctoo25 »

I'm on a few meds that only run like $30-$50, but I still have a $25 co-pay with my mediocre medical insurance. I never thought to call around to see if some some other pharmacies might be able come in under that amount. Heck, my regualr pharmacy has price matching, too--I might save on the co-pay plus the gas to drive a bit further!

Good tip, thanks!

Neco

Post by Neco »

Yeah, the list seems very select, but they started a program recently where even if you don't have insurance, they'll give you a certain amount of medicine (i.e "a months worth" ) for $10 or less. I wasnt told if it was a months worth or that I'd have to wait but then again I may find out when I go back in a couple weeks.

either way it's a hell of a savings even for one filling

walkindafloors

Post by walkindafloors »

I'm with you Zach - I am using Wal-Mart now for this reason. They are filling certain Rx for $4.00 but if it's more than 1 per day, they double the price to the whoppin $8.00 for the 120 per month I get. Of course, it balances out for Wal-Mart because during the time I'm waiting for my meds, I'm shopping and spending much more than I would have at the drug store!!! :roll: Still feels great to get a deal though.
Who took the FUN out of disFUNctional?
Kim <><