Requip to Mirapex

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Sojourner

Requip to Mirapex

Post by Sojourner »

Just curious if anyone has had an "unsuccessful" response to Requip but then had a successful response to Mirapex.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Yep, it's relatively common. Weird, huh, but I guess they work enough differently and (mostly) have enough different side effects, that they often will work differently for people.

It's worth a try if you're still looking and have tried the benzo and anti-seizure route with little success.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Haggi

Post by Haggi »

I tried Requip last year and I rapidly required larger doses for it to stay effective. Once I reached 2 mg, I started getting severe nausea and vomiting from it. As I tapered the dose down, the nausea remained but I had no relief. After trying Klonopin and Ambien, I went to Mirapex and I don't have the nausea, and .375 a day seems to be working for me so far.
--Haggi

walkindafloors

Post by walkindafloors »

I first tried requip and it lowered my blood pressure to the point I was passing out. I am now taking Mirapax and went from 24/7 symptoms with 4-5 near sleepless nights per week to averaging 1-2 sleepless nights per week and most days maintaining my daily symptoms with Ultram. Still suffer between 6-9 pm most nights but quite an improvement over all. WEIRD but so far ... the best it's been in years (scared to say this and jinx myself!).
Who took the FUN out of disFUNctional?
Kim <><