Thank-you from sandygirl

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
sandygirl

Thank-you from sandygirl

Post by sandygirl »

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who replied to my posting about how having RLS is more miserable than being on Dialysis.
The web site about all the various drugs available is very helpful,but i think i will try and stay on Temazepam for as long as possible,because it works for me at the moment.My only concern is, what is the highest safe dose? I am on 20mg at the moment but sometimes i need 25mg.

sardsy75

RE: Safest maximum dosage

Post by sardsy75 »

Hi Sandy

You are one heckuva fighter and i'm glad to "meet" you! I really, really admire your determination and fighting spirit!

Of all the medical sites I've looked at over the past few hours, all have said that the maximum recommended adult dosage is 30mg in 24hours. I don't know if you've done any searches yourself, but try typing in +temazepam +recommended +maximum +dosage into a search engine on the web and you will come up with plenty of information.

However ... You really need to work with your doctor/s on this one as they are the ones most qualified to help you get the right medication at the right dosage to help you get your much needed sleep.

If the Temazepam is working, by all means stick with it, but if you are having doubts, you should see your doctor/s. As you have read, there are a myriad of other sedatives out there which may also help you.

In addition to the Temazepam, try listening to some relaxing music when you are settling in for the night. No, i don't mean the "sounds of the waves or rainforest" stuff; try clannad, enya, secret garden, era, chinese music (used for tai chi) or even some good old mike oldfield. The first three are irish/celtic, but all have helped put me to sleep on numerous occassions. Even if I don't fall asleep, just listening to the music and the words helps me to have a relaxing night even if it is a sleepless one.

Take care of you and keep us posted on your journey!

(((((HUGS)))))
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!