Narcotic/Anticonvulsant combo experiences

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Anonymous

Narcotic/Anticonvulsant combo experiences

Post by Anonymous »

--
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

I am currently using neurontin with alternating periods of either ultram or vicodin which I take at bedtime i.e one 5/500 vicodin or 2 50 mg. ultram. I have found this combination to be relatively successful. The neurontin helps the PLM and the vicodin/ultram helps the rls and/or helps take the edge off a bit at night. I do not get a buzz off either ultram or vicodin but they do help with symptoms/pain. As I have mentioned in previous posts, for me the dilema has been the need to keep increasing the neurontin to control the PLM. Thus far, I have had some very good nights and good sleeps, some nights I have had good symptom relief but insomnia, and other nights although the vicodin/ultram seems to be doing their work the neurontin fails and the night is somewhat difficult.

I previously did use the vicodin alone for rls with relative success. Needed to add the neurontin when the PLM came aboard.

Best of luck and will keep my fingers crossed for you.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.