Dopamine agonists

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
ViewsAskew

Less is more

Post by ViewsAskew »

That's interesting, Corrie. I think I've inadvertently figured that out. 4 months ago, I was increasing Mirapex to handle symptoms and was up to .75 in divided doses. . .result was 24/7 RLS. After being off of it over a month, I tried Requip. It didn't work, kept increasing it and had RLS 2/3 of the day with lots of rebound. So I went back to Mirapex with temazepam and am now taking only .125 and only have RLS from 11 PM until I fall asleep (2 or 3 AM) and only occasionally have rebound RLS. Sure beats 24/7. I still don't want to take it long term because of the side effects, but the side effects are MUCH less now that my dose is low.

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

DEAR CORRIE Thanks for your advice its worth more than two cents I can tell you that!! I am taking the zanax for just that,sleeping!! I do have a history of panic attacksand Im one of the many who do not sleep for anything. The zanax 1mg at bed will allow mw to get a good 6 hours without feeling like a zombie the next day. I know how addicting it is because I was addicted to it and takeing handfuls of it to come down from all the cocaine I had down the night before. But that was years ago, Today I am a member of AA and have 18 months of sobrity.I had to fight tooth and nail to get anything but the Mirapex, the RLS would settle down but I could not sleep at all. Now I dont want to get high I just want to get a few hours of sleep at night. I did try the neutontin and for me it had the oppisite effect!!!!It gave me mager panic and I was wired up on it..So for right now its up in the air. Im sleeping my legs are not jerking at night and I do take ultram for the pain. My main thing is the creepy crawlies and cramping. But Im begining to think I just have to live with it. Other people are in so much more distress than I, and a thousand little bugs running around is not too much to live with.. I dont know I guess I just want it all. But I know things could be alot worse for me and I think I just need to deal with whats on my plate.I get so angry when I hear all the pain and suffering this illness causes the people I love it just makes me want to sream!!!!And I do!!! Thanks to this forum and you and the rest of the family I now have a safe place to do it thankyou Corrie~~~~~~~~~~~~~lyndarae