heart valve damage/ other da's?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
moss

heart valve damage/ other da's?

Post by moss »

I was just told by a cardiologist that I have developed heart valve damage. This is after tryiing to track down the cause of a boat of ailments that arose at the same time as being prescribed parlodel (bromocriptine) for several years for my rls. I know in the rls foundations paper on rls it reports that they side effects of parlodel are the same as permax, does it mean in this too? It seems that very few people have been given parlodel for rls, but does anyone have a similar story. Where should I go to find out more, or if my suspicions are true, warn others of my experience.

ray

Post by ray »

Hi Moss,

Wow...Sorry to hear about your heart valve. There's quite a bit on info out there about it and some of it mentions heart valves and parlodel. If you go to google and put in "parlodel heart valve" you will see lots of opinions and info on it.

Again, sorry about your heart. Has the Doc said what the next step is?

Ray