requip side effect?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
georgie-girl

requip side effect?

Post by georgie-girl »

I took Requip for 10 days and then went off of it due to headaches and back pain. Have others had back pain as a side effect of this med? I never had any back trouble before this.
Also - it's been several days since I stopped taking it, almost a week, but I'm still having the headaches and back pain. - Could this still be from the Requip? Shouldn't it be out of my system by now?
Thanks for any feedback...

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

I haven't heard of back pain as a side effect from Requip, but I'm sure I've heard about headaches. Anything is possible because it messes with brain chemistry. And it can take a while for your brain chemistry to get back to normal after stopping the drug.

It's too bad it didn't work for you. But there are other options.

Susan