Seroquel

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
mcarlin

Seroquel

Post by mcarlin »

Has anyone had increased restless legs when taking seroquel? My doctor had to increase my seroquel and my restless legs are acting up.

ctravel12

seroquel

Post by ctravel12 »

Hey McCarlin Good to hear from you. I cannot answer your question, but am sure some of the members will be able to help you out.

I just got back from a 10 day trip to Colorado seeing my sisters and had a great visit.

Have you talked to your dr regarding this med? I hope that you are feeling much better. Take care and have a good day.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

mcarlin

Post by mcarlin »

My life has not been the best lately. Went to Las Vegas and after we came back my husband ended up in the hospital for 5 days. My daughter and I went to a japanese steakhouse for Easter dinner. My son has had a bunch of problems. I have gone on the chat side a couple of times and no one is on. Are you still going on at 10:30 on Monday nights?
I have to talk to the doctor but I am scared to do it. I at least have some succcess with requip. If I have to change and the next medicine doesn't work, then I will be in H---. I just can't take it.

ctravel12

seroquel

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi McCarlin I am so sorry that things are not going good for you. I have been out of town the last two Mondays, but will be back on the chat line this coming Monday night at 8:30 pm my time. I hope to see you there.

I hope that your husband is doing better.

If you are doing good with requip, then myself I would not change. If you talk to you dr are you afraid that he will change your meds? If so, let him know that you are doing good with Requip. I do not know what seroquel is used for.

Take care and hope to talk to you soon.

Anytime you want to chat other than Monday nights, let me know and if I am able to would love to chat with you.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Mccarlin, I seem to remember reading somewhere else that you are taking large doses (for RLS) of Requip? I hate to say this, but that could be the problem. These meds seem - based on lots of peoples experience and what several doctors say - to be best when used in small amounts. When you need large amounts, it often means something is not right.

You are probably right - stopping it may mean a horrible time. We've all been there and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. But, maybe the med itself it making it worse. Requip and Mirapex can do that - it happened to me. Then you keep needing more, and more, and more. It makes the RLS worse - for me, it made it so awful I thought I would prefer to be dead. The only option when that happens is to stop it for the time being. For some of us (like me), we can't ever take them because of this problem.

If you can take opioids, these often work wonderfully well to help you get off of the Requip.

If I misunderstood your other post, please ignore this.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

SquirmingSusan

Re: Seroquel

Post by SquirmingSusan »

mcarlin wrote:Has anyone had increased restless legs when taking seroquel? My doctor had to increase my seroquel and my restless legs are acting up.

Seroquel is on Dr. Buchfuhrer's list of neuroleptic meds that worsen RLS. Apparently there is only one neuroleptic med at this time that doesn't - It's called Abilify, and it's actually a dopamine agonist and can help RLS.

Something to talk to the doc about?

Susan

mcarlin

Post by mcarlin »

I have tried Abilify and it made me go out of my mind with restless legs. It was so bad when I was on Abilify that I stopped eating and I was exhausted. I think the situation that I am in is a no win situation.

ctravel12

seroquel

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi McCarlin
I want to apologize for asking you what seroquel is. If I would of checked the internet, I would of had my answer. I did not mean to be so insensitive and hope that you will forgive me for this.

I will keep you in my prayers that all is better with you.

Please take care of yourself.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

mcarlin wrote:I have tried Abilify and it made me go out of my mind with restless legs. It was so bad when I was on Abilify that I stopped eating and I was exhausted. I think the situation that I am in is a no win situation.

:(

Oh, that is hard. Have you found anything that helps at all with the RLS?

Susan

mcarlin

Post by mcarlin »

ctravel check your email