Requip question

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Carrie214

Requip question

Post by Carrie214 »

Hi all,

I did start a discussion about Requip under "New to RLS" but thought I'd get specific in this section since it seems appropriate.

I was taking Carb/Levo for about 6 months and it was helping nicely. I am also on 30mg of Prozac - which you have all told me can make RLS worse. My Dr is going to switch me to Wellbutrin - I hope it works as good as the Prozac.

The first few times I took the Requip I wasn't happy but it seems to be doing good. I have noticed that my legs feel "heavy". Like I have been walking alot or on my feet alot which I haven't. I didn't have these feelings when I was on the Carb/Levo.

Is it just me or is this one of the side effects?

Any help would be appreciated :!:
Carrie
"It takes seventy-two muscles to frown, but only thirteen to smile."
:D

Carrie214

Post by Carrie214 »

I'm responding to my own post... things have changed so I thought I'd update the listing just in case someone saw it.

I'm doing very well on the Requip. It takes longer to take effect so you have to watch for the first signs and take it asap. It takes about an hour to have an effect on the legs.

As for the heaviness in my legs... all gone. I'm not sure what caused it or what was going on but it has stopped.

That's it for now....
Carrie

bradyferguson

Post by bradyferguson »

bye
Last edited by bradyferguson on Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Carrie214

Post by Carrie214 »

Hi Brady,

Yep - better late than never!

I talked with my Dr about switching from Prozac to Welbutrin and we decided against it. Prozac does very well with me without any sexual side effects :oops: or any other side effects. It has taken a long time to get me to the level that makes me stop crying at the wind blowing!

If my legs start to get worse, then we'll look at switching.

I love this site... I'm pretty sure that I've said that but I have to say it again. Lots of support and lost of learning going on here!
Carrie