Cymbalta - it works for me !!

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Mike

Cymbalta - it works for me !!

Post by Mike »

I have tried Gabatril, Benzo's, iron (ugh) excercise......etc nothing has worked til a Dr Ortega (psychiatrist)prescribed Cymbalta a new
medication for depression/anxiety.Started at 30 mg qd and worked up to 60mg a day with the intention to come off zoloft. Well my nightly RLS that I have suffered from for years ,began to decrease and eventually over 2 mos has almost ceased . I have remained on the zolft ..by the way. I qam in "AWE" as I now can sleep. Look it up Cymbalta, its new over last 1 yr or so. The med is also approved for diabetic neurpothy to eleiviate leg pain, which may be why it works for RLS.

Mike

http://www.cymbalta.com/index.jsp

Post by Mike »

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Good to know that something else works for someone. I'll add it to my list for when I've exhausted everything else. :lol:

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Hey Mike, Lyndarae here I'm just returning from the doc where they have suggested I give Cymbalta a go. I of course came home and started searching for info and found your post. How are you doing with it? Any and all info would be of great help to me thankyou

AustinBabyBlue

Cymbalta & Xanax XR

Post by AustinBabyBlue »

My RLS was getting so bad, I was flopping like a flounder out of water. Kicking. Jerking. Twitching. You all know how it goes ... and it's amazing how one can come to dread trying to go to sleep knowing what will come with it.

My doc tried me on a combination of Cymbalta and Xanax XR, and honest to goodness, the RLS symptoms stopped! No waking up repeatedly in the night. No assaulting my hubby in my sleep. Even my constant nightmares have stopped.

Unfortunately, my insurance company won't cover these meds because they are "too new". I enjoyed two weeks of bliss, being able to sleep normally. It was a beautiful thing while it lasted.

Rebecca