Clonazepam

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I don't really know why it's so variable. I do know I've read everything from 25-30 hours up to 50-60 hours for clonazapam. Don't know why that is, either.

Josh may be able to explain it.

Ultimately, I think the most important is how it makes you feel. If you function fine on it, then that part of it is not a problem. It only could be a problem (and won't for everyone), when you stop taking it.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Thanks Susan and Ann, yes it seems to be working ok, at last I am getting a few hours sleep, and I reckon 2mg diazepam is pretty mild in the scheme of things. Sometimes I may be a little 'headachey the following morning, but nothing major, and certainly worth getting the sleep.
Have a good weekend everyone, It is 7am, the sun is shining here :D in N. Ireland (it has rained daily for 8 weeks).. what a summer we are 'not having'!! :x

ctravel12

clonazapem

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Betty I am glad that you are doing fine. As far as your rain, please send some our way :) :) we definitely need it.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Anneeg

reply to clonz. question

Post by Anneeg »

Ann, O MAN, that iinfo really blows my mind. I had no idea about half-life. When I am having non-stop RLS systems, I am taking it each night. As a matter of fact it is not working the way it use to. I am so completely confused on what to do next. I have a great doc but he does not have a large understanding of this issue, hell neither do I. I have had it since I was about 14 years old. But it has slowly become a daily issue, especially after my hysterectomy. It is partof my decision making on my day I HATE IT. But knowing about the half life clears up a few things that have happened lately. ok another question augmenting? could you please explain that to me.? Ther are a few other words used often on this site I do not know but I cannot think of them right now. Thank-you for your help. ps I have always had a fear of meds! this is some joke Gods playing........I'm not laughing. Anneeg

ctravel12

clonazapem

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Anneeg Do not know if I welcomed you to this group, if not welcome.

Augmenting means you are having rls anytime of the day or night. I had it last year when I was on requip but am doing better now. Some people do well on different meds. I often said what works for one may not always work for another.

Hope that you are doing better.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

RLS83

Re: clonazapem

Post by RLS83 »

I have been taking Klonopin for about a year now. When I first started out my doc prescribed me 1mg. I experienced exactly what you did. I felt hungover and exhausted the next day. I also felt depressed. I immediately knew I had to go down to a smaller dose, which I did. I currently take .5 mg at night. I take it for anxiety but honestly it does nothing for my RLS. I'm not even sure it does enough for my anxiety at this point. I may consider switching medications. So far the only thing that seems to work for my RLS is 2.5 mg. of hydrocodone at night. I hope to go see a doc who specializes in RLS soon to see if this is the right treatment for me... Hope this helps!
~Jaime :)

stitch

Post by stitch »

I am sorry but I didn't take the time to read all the posts about clonazpem because I have been taking it since 1985 I think. I know it's been along time and I take 2mg's everynite and I never wake up sleeply. It didn't do much for my RLS because when I started taking it I wasn't taking anything for the RLS and I use to wake up after 3 hrs. But after I got meds for legs I sleep all nite.

I have had some rough times in the past 6 years because of back surgeries and RLS but now everything is working together and I don't have any RLS and I sleep at nite.

Never know how long it will last but for now it's great. I am still wearing the body brace and will until at least the end of September. After that don't know, but that will make it 4 months.

I am still doing good after that last back surgery and hope to improve each day. I did drive yesterday with hubby in the van and also with dr's approval. But it's way to hard to drive with the body brace on.

Like I said the clonazapem works for me and I never wake up sleepy. So what works for one doesn't mean it will work for others.

Miss you all, Jeannie

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Jeannie, glad your recovery is on schedule and that you are do well. Best wishes for your continued good health.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.