Clonazepam

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
lizbestill

Clonazepam

Post by lizbestill »

Does anyone experience severe drowsiness when taking clonazepam? I took one tablet last night about 10:30pm, I finally got to sleep about 2am and now I can't walk in a straight line, my husband said I better not drive today and I just feel like I have a hangover. Does this happen to anyone else? I have a call into my dr. to get some Ambien until I meet with the Neurologist on the 16th of this month. Elizabeth

ctravel12

clonazapem

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Elizabeth I take clonazapem and get very drowsy and fall right a sleep but do not stay asleep. I just sent you another post, I forget which forum it was on (I guess I am getting a senior moment LOL) I had mentioned that the other night I slept six straight hours which never happens but when it does I feel like I died and went to heaven.

I have never felt like a hangover. What is the mg of clonazapem that you are taking? It may be too strong for you. I know what works for one may not always work for another person. Smart husband not letting you drive and I agree about seeing your dr on the 16th. Let me know what he says.

I hope you have a better night sleeping tonight.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

lizbestill

Post by lizbestill »

Thanks Charlene, I am taking 1mg tablets, but they are just knocking me out! I talked to my primary dr. and she is calling me in some Ambien, we'll see how that works tonight! Elizabeth

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

A lot of people feel that way! It's one of the reasons that Dr Buchfurer doesn't recommend people start with this drug - it can be great for some, but it has some definite drawbacks. What you are experiencing is that this drug has a half-life of 30-40 hours. That mean that after 30-40 hours, half of the original dose is STILL in your system. Now, for some reason, some people are fine with that. Others, like you, are not.

Hope the Ambien works.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

If it's any consolation, I was taking half of a .5mg pill, and it didn't help me sleep at night, just all day the next day. I don't know why clonazepam is so popular with sleep doctors. It has such a long half life. Dr. B likes Ativan better, but no doctor will prescribe it because "it's addicting." Yeah, all the benzos have the potential to be addicting. I swear doctors abandon all scientific evidence in favor of opinions when dealing with the benzos. :roll:

My pain doctor totally freaked out at the idea of taking Ativan or Valium. Dr. B says that Valium works for about 8 hours. Sounds good to me! I took some last night but it didn't help with the jerking like the Ativan did. (Yes, my house is a drug store full of controlled substances, LOL.)

I didn't take any benzos for a week or so, and the jerking was going crazy. Well, I have enough Ativan for about 90 more good nights anyway. Hopefully I can find a doctor someday who will just give me what works.
Susan

ctravel12

clonazapem

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Elizabeth I am glad that your dr was able to prescribe something for you. Let me know how it works. I know that alot of people do not like clonazapem but if it works, which so far it does for me, I will continue it.

I know sometimes you are so desperate, you are willing to try anything.

Get a good night sleep and will talk to you later.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Neco

Post by Neco »

Can I come shop at your house ? :shock:

lizbestill

Post by lizbestill »

Help yourself!!! Maybe some of this stuff will work for someone! Elizabeth

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

LOL Zach. Need any baclofen? I'm not willing to part with my other hoarded meds yet. :lol:
Susan

Neco

Post by Neco »

Heh no thanks... seizure warning is enough to keep me away from that stuff.
Always wanted to try Valium though :wink:

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Zach wrote:Always wanted to try Valium though :wink:

Ah, not all it's cracked up to be :). Though it does have its uses.

A couple of years ago I awoke in the morning and realized I had a problem - the room was moving. First, I laid back down and went back to sleep for an hour. I awoke, same problem, so I tried a shower, but tipping my head back to wet my hair almost resulted in a combo of me vomiting and me falling over. DH was away and after a few hours of it not getting better I called him and asked him to come home.

To leave the condo, we had to exit via the elevator. I made it to the main floor, where we got out so we could hail a cab. By that time, I couldn't really walk by myself and was so dizzy that DH decided that a cab was not a good idea and he'd drive me instead. That meant back in the elevator to the basement (the condo's garage is in the basement). He didn't want to leave me alone and pick me up outside, so I had to go down to with him. I didn't want to go, but since it was only one more floor, I figured I'd be OK. Yeah, only one more floor and thankfully there was a wastebin as I exited, because everything in my stomach exited, too.

So, you can imagine how I felt. I got to the ER, they saw me and diagnosed it immediately - said it's the most common thing they see. They said Valium would work - I was skeptical, I mean I truly have never felt worse regarding my ability to do anything be lay still without being ill. They gave me a dose, waited awhile, had me stand, sit, walk and I could do it on my own. I still looked slightly drunk, but I was amazingly better. So, for that, Valium rocks.

Too bad it didn't work so well on my RLS. On a 1-10 scale of effectiveness, it was only a 3-4.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Neco

Post by Neco »

Well you know me, I'll give anything a try once. :twisted:

lizbestill

Post by lizbestill »

Well, my dr. prescribed Ambien and last night was just as bad as the rest! I had taken this once before when I had a sleep study done and it worked. Last night was another bad one, so that makes like the last 2 weeks with hardly any sleep and I start school on Monday! Maybe I'll nap after church tomorrow. Elizabeth

Neco

Post by Neco »

Sucks.. I remember when I was forced off Vicodin for 2 weeks. I slept about 10 hours (not all at once) the first week, and told them I was going nutts. So they gave me ambien and it worked for a couple days then wore off again.

I try all kinds of stuff and the only thing that keeps me going is the fact I can walk back in there with a smug grin and say "I told you so... drugz plz tnx"

Hopscotch

Post by Hopscotch »

I was on .5 lorazepam (ativan) for about two months before it stopped working. I'm going on about 2 months with the 1mg dose. I can usually get 6 hours of sleep on this dose. On really bad nights, I'll take a .5mg dose. Those are the mornings/days I have the sleepy hangover.