How Can You fibd the "RIGHT" Drug & Dose

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
sanjosedon

How Can You fibd the "RIGHT" Drug & Dose

Post by sanjosedon »

HI to All,
I'm having extreme RLS (been up most of the night) and have been having this condition for over 5 years.

In looking at some of the posts I see the following meds being listed:
Mirapex, Requio, Tramodel, Ultram, and Carbadopa/Lezadopa. I also see many posts where folks' are only taking 1/2 of a .125 Mirapex

I too am on Mirapex 25mg 4 a day for a total of 1 mg. and in addition to that I also am taking 3 - 300mg of Gabapentin both have been prescribed for my RLS. In addition to these drugs I also take Diltia XT 180mg, Lovastatiin 40mg, Warfarin 2.5 (2/day M,W,F 3 /day T,TH. Sat, Sun) Digitek .25mg, Lisinopril 10mg for other ailments I have gaind in my "Golden Years" Hopefully none of these drugs are interacting causing the RLS to lins
I'm pushing my primary care Dr. (in Kaiser HMO) trying to get some treatment for RLS. If any of you have info that might hrlp, I would appreciate it.

THANKS,
Sanjose don
Yesterday Is History, Tomorrow Is a Mystery, All We Can Control Is the Present!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Sanjose Don, did the RLS get worse recently? Did the Mirapex work at any point? Or have you always struggled to find the right conbination?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Don, some people seem to find the right med right away and never show up at this forum. Actually probably most people. Those of us who post here regularly seem to have more problems than most getting this condition under control.

It sounds like your at a point where you need to find some other options. Have you looked at the Mayo Clinic Algorithm? It lays out a variety of treatment options. There's a link to it in Ann's signature.

I hope you get some results soon.
Susan

turtlezen

Post by turtlezen »

Hi Sanjose,
Sure gets confusing doesn't it. Looking though all the meds your are on reminded me of one I completley forgot I was taking:Gabapentin (same dose as you) although I was put on it when hospitalized a few weeks ago with a 'flare' from my fibromyalgia!!! I do think RLS and Fibro are soo connected.. The coumadin doesn't interact with most of the ones I'm familiar with (Mirapex, Gabapentin). Hope you find some answers and some RELIEF soon, hang in there. You have found an extremely helpful site.
Val