Botox for pain relief??????

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
pokerdiva

Botox for pain relief??????

Post by pokerdiva »

I saw this piece on my news station this evening http://www.9news.com/news/health/articl ... ryid=74697 but apparently botox has a lot of pain relieving qualities that get overlooked because its used for cosmetic reasons as well. Maybe, just maybe it could be used to help RLS and Fibro, I know RLS doesn't involve muscle spasms, but maybe it can help in other ways somehow.

rfishburn

Post by rfishburn »

One of the doctors in my wife's office said botox could be used in the legs for people with rls....it would be an interesting shot.
Randy

rfishburn

Post by rfishburn »

Here are the results of a google search
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=rls+and+botox
Randy

pokerdiva

Post by pokerdiva »

i'd try it. without a second thought, I would put deadly toxins in my body to see if it would work. I'm desparate for some pain relief that lasts more then 2 hours.

And if the botox needle happened to slip and say hit a few wrinkles under my eyes then that might be ok to. I'm only 31 years old and I have bags under my eyes, I'm so vain. You ever feel like you didn't enjoy your youth enough so when you still have some in you but not as much as you did you want to take advantage of it? I got my nose pierced so I would feel hipper and younger, uggg! its not working. hehe.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

One of our members had the botox done. It did not help her. It's really new though (for RLS), so not many people have tried it and reported about it here.

If anyone tries it. . .you know the drill :wink:
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.