Iron Infusion

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
lizbestill

Iron Infusion

Post by lizbestill »

Yesterday I went for an iron infusion, took about 2 1/2 hours, but last night I slept all night, very little leg movement, no creepy crawly sensations - WITH NO MEDICATION!!! I have not done that in over 7 years!! I would suggest if you're anemic, iron deficient have this done. I took iron pills until my stomach just hurt all the time and I told the dr. this is what I wanted done. Elizabeth :D

ctravel12

iron infusion

Post by ctravel12 »

Hey Elizabeth congratulations. I am so glad that you are doing so much better.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

That is SO wonderful to hear. Statistically, it does help the majority of those who try it - I wish it helped everyone. But, majority is good for me!

If the research at Johns Hopkins is right, you'll need to have another one in a few months. They have found that the RLS population seems to lose our iron stores. Within a few months, every patient's ferritin was low again. At the second infusion, it dropped again, but not as fast or as low. At least, that's what I think I remember from the last RLSF conference :roll:
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.