Requip and anxiety

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
flwr54

Requip and anxiety

Post by flwr54 »

I am new to the board and forgive me if this has been addressed, but, I just started taking Requip and and having severe anxiety attacks. Any correlation? Thanks

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

I can't remember hearing that specifically, but a lot of us have had severe mood issues from Requip. It messes with brain chemistry, so anything is possible.
Susan

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It seems that in the recesses of my addled brain I remember someone else having extreme anxiety from a DA. But I could have that confused with just having anxiety in general.

I agree with Susan. . .these drugs all change our brain chemistry. The DAs in particular really screw with my head. Not so much anxious, but definitely I got angry out of nowhere, would cry over nothing, etc.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I am on Requip. I am definitely more irritable. and certainly recently over the last few months have been much more ready to 'speak out' whilst feeling irritable.
Including those people, where I used to 'bite my tongue'.
Betty

jmshooter

requip anxiety

Post by jmshooter »

Your experience mirrors mine, Requip caused such a panic attack that I nearly went to the ER at 2AM. I finally managed to calm down after several hours of pacing and feeling like I was losing my mind. The next day the Doc agreed that the Requip was the cause and told me to stop taking it and gave me a prescription for Klonopin to stop the anxiety in case of another attack. Thankfully I didn't need it but I will never take Requip again.
I am now taking half of a 5mg. vicodin tablet at bedtime and have had almost complete relief from the rls. So far, no side effects and much better sleep.

flwr54

Post by flwr54 »

I DID go to the ER. I am on Lorazepam now. I took Mirapex for years and never had any problems (except augmentation :evil: ). I am no longer taking Requip and don't think I ever will again.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Sounds like a good choice! Glad the ER helped and hope the new drug does what you need.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.