zyrtec

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Sojourner

zyrtec

Post by Sojourner »

Wonder if anyone has had first hand experience with this antihistimine and rls? Know Dr. B. cautions against it.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I haven't had trouble with it, but don't take it regularly and have only taken it with the methadone, which seems to work pretty well for me fore the RLS. I thought he said this one was mostly OK - something about it not crossing the blood brain barrier. . .has this been updated and I missed it????
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

A, Listed in his book as one that worsens rls symptoms. But, you know the old saying.....
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Ever since I saw it on the "bad" list, I've avoided it except when my allergies are really bad. Usually I just stick to Claritin, along with Singulair, Omeprazole (for GERD, but it's another antihistamine), inhaled steroids for my asthma, and when I can stand them, nasal spray steroids. Yeah, it's the bad time of year for my allergies!
Susan

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Susan, You're up late!

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

I've been up late the last couple nights. I sell Avon and had to get my order submitted tonight, and it seemed more complicated than usual. Probably because I'm too tired to think. You seem to be up late a lot, too...

Today was a day from hell. Maximum pain all last night and all day today. :( Put in a call for help to the pain clinic at 8:30 am, and never got a callback. Buzzards. :evil: What's with people in pain clinics who don't take your pain seriously? I'm calling them again tomorrow and having the receptionist connect me directly to a nurse, instead of leaving a message.

Oops. Now I'm ranting. :wink: When I sign out of here, I'm going to take more Ativan and knock myself out.

I hope you're feeling reasonably well and can get some sleep tonight!!!
Susan

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Buzzards! I like that....lots. :lol: Hope you got knock out good. :lol: