Neurontin Lawsuit

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Kimberly

Neurontin Lawsuit

Post by Kimberly »

I have been taking 1800 miligrams of neurontin for several years.

I have read about the lawsuit and it seems that neurontin is not indicated for RLS/PLMD, but Pfiser bribed docs into prescribing it. I did not read that the drug itself is 'bad', as it IS indicated for epilipsy, so does anyone have any concerns about continuing to use it for RLS/PLMD?

I've been on it so long that I don't know if my symptoms are a result of my illnesses or the medication!

Kimberly

Jenn_E

Post by Jenn_E »

I just posted that neurontin has made me gain a lot of weight within 2 months.
Besides that I have had times when I get this overwelming feeling of sadness and scary thoughts come into my head.
So I am weaning myself off.
Good Luck. :)
Just remember there are always others out there who have it much worse then You and I!

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

I have been on Neurontin for over a year and get along good with it. Not everyone does. You have to educate yourself not only about RLS but the meds a doctor prescribes. We all know that what works for some of us doesn't work for others. Weight gain can come from many areas, make sure your lifestyle isn't what is doing it instead of the medication. I gained weight after starting Neurontin also but I know that my lifestyle is what is causing the problem. Just be aware of all aspects of your life, meds, lifestyle, concerns, stress and take them all into consideration. I hope you find what works for you. Quality of life is so VERY important. Let us know how you make out with your changes.

Kimberly

Discontinued for RLS?

Post by Kimberly »

Although I have had problems, for the most part Neurontin has worked. My concern is that many of us are using it and I'm wondering if insurance companies will deny doctors ability to prescribe it for RLS since it was never indicated for our condition. Then again, I suppose the docs can continue to prescribe it , but whether or not our insurance companies will pay for the scripts in the future is worrisome.

Kimberly

Lovechild3113

Post by Lovechild3113 »

I have been on neurontin for two months now, and it seems to be working fine. I had no idea that it makes you gain weight. That is not good. I am already on meds for being bipolar that make me gain weight. I used to weigh 105, and now I weigh 138. It is terrible. I feel awful about my weight, and I think that it is hurting my marriage because of the way that I feel about myself, anyway sorry to get off subject. Please keep in contact. I am new,a nd it helps so much to have other people to hear from with RLS.

Jamie
Lovechild3113@aol.com
Lovechild3113
Jamie Wilderman

SUGAR

maybe

Post by SUGAR »

I don't want to make anyone feel bad, I am sorry we all feel this way. I don't think there is actually anything specifically for RLS. There are just drugs that help alleviate the symptoms. If there were a drug that actually cured it, we wouldn't be here with so many different drugs. And also what helps one may or may not help another. Just a thought for you.

squirmy

Post by squirmy »

Neurontin was the first medicine my doc prescribed me for RLS. But it stopped working after a month and symptoms returned worse than before, well they lasted longer and during the day also. Now Sinemet has been very helpful, but is now wearing off also. What is the lawsuit really saying. Because Neurontin works for RLS, and the description of Neurontin says, for epilepsy or other conditions that your doctor is treating you for. Tina
RLS, SLE (Lupus) and Asthma

Lovechild3113

Lovechild31135

Post by Lovechild3113 »

O.K. I need for someone to please respond to this. How does Neurontin make you gain weight? Does it make you gain weight even if you don't eat that much on it. I am confused????????????? Please help.

Jamie W.
LoveChild3113
Jamie Wilderman

BJ

Neurontin

Post by BJ »

I have had great success with a low dose of Neurontin and Requip together. Neither work alone, but for some reason they work wonders together. Now I only have the RLS very mildly a few times a year and before I had it very severely, being able to rest only a couple hours a night. Side effects have been minimal and intermittent. Educating myself and finding a doctor I could talk to was the beginning of recovery for me. :)