Who's taking Requip?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi TT
Charlene was saying about the requip 1mg pill being difficult to cut. You bet it is!! So I bought a pill cutter !!! and just want to say be careful if you use one of those cos I gave myself a very nasty sliced thumb, and threw the cutter into the bin. The doc can prescribe the pills in smaller doses i.e. .5mg which are long shaped and really easy to cut if needed.

Betty
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

lorabell

requip

Post by lorabell »

Hi TT. Welcome aboard.
I rotate Reqquip with several other meds, so as not to get used to it. There is a word for it, but ny mind is gone right now, and I don;t expect it back anytime soon.
I have some problems with fealing pukey, but not all the time.
You might want to try a cocktail of meds and see if it works for you.
If a Dr. KNOWS rls, keep him, if he THINKS HE KNOWS, fire him. Your paying the bill and it's your rls, not his.
Comew chat with us on mon. nights, 8 pM central time.
Lorabell
aka
wowobl
Always remember, if you cut off your limbs, you'll have phantom rls and nothing to rub .LOL

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

Betty--

Slightly off-topic, but a good pill-cutter shouldn't be able to cut you. The one I use encloses the pill and the blade inside its box when the cutting is going on. I've used it every day for 10+ years and never hurt myself.

Mine looks a lot like this one:

http://www.marvistavet.com/assets/image ... cutter.gif

You'd have to push your finger inside the part with the blade in order to cut yourself.

There are other types, though, that are similarly safety-oriented. Some might even work better than what I use.
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi Aiken, Yeah, the pill cutter I had also had the blade inside the box but it was difficult to place the odd shaped 1mg pill, possible it was just that it was a cheap and nasty cutter cos I took the first one I found and didn't think to look into different ones. I'll know in future.

Hi Lorabelle, I read your post about rotating your medications. I take requip topped up with codeine in the evening. It might be an idea to take just one or the other for say a week at a time.... Hmmm.. just thinking aloud.

Betty
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation