RLS and anti-virals

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
maddielouise1

RLS and anti-virals

Post by maddielouise1 »

I know there is a huge list of medications we should avoid since we have RLS, but I haven't found any reference to the anti-virals like Tamaflu. In asking the Dr. today, he said it should be fine (meaning no interactions with other meds.), but I don't know if he was really listening, and I didn't ask correctly (ha!). I should have asked if it would exacerbate the RLS.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone had experience with the anti-virals AND has anyone found a cough medicine that doesn't seem to cause a big problem?

Thank you!

Maddie

Neco

Post by Neco »

Any cough syrup that has Dextromethorphan as the single and only ingredient should be OK. Vicks makes such a syrup, and Robitussin also sells DXM gelcaps if you can actually find them in a store.

maddielouise1

Post by maddielouise1 »

Thank you Zach. I'll keep my eyes open for the gel caps if this cough doesn't settle down.

Hos
Voice Chat Host

Post by Hos »

Zach wrote:Any cough syrup that has Dextromethorphan as the single and only ingredient should be OK. Vicks makes such a syrup, and Robitussin also sells DXM gelcaps if you can actually find them in a store.

Same thing but also Mucinex which is now OTC.