Blood Pressure Meds & RLS

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Kimberly

Blood Pressure Meds & RLS

Post by Kimberly »

I wanted to share with the group what has happened to me re: Blood Pressure Medication. For the past 10 weeks I have gotten less than 4 hours of (interrupted) sleep per night. This was a sudden drop from the 5 to 6 hours of (interrupted) sleep I was getting. Might not seem like a big deal, but it was. I did some research an found out that the calcium 'channel blockers' I had been prescribed for high blood pressure had caused the RLS to worsen. This was confirmed by my 'sleep' doctor who advised me to contact my family doctor and request a change to a different medication. I have had an immediate improvement.

Kimberly

Post by Guest »

Thanks for this information, Kimberly. I need to check into it.

Paul