Nuerontin...

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
myasmom

Nuerontin...

Post by myasmom »

Has anyone ever taken this stuff and had suicidal feelings? My neuro put me on this and I felt like I was at the bottom of the bowels....so 2 nights was it for me. Although it did help me get 6hrs of sleep...but the side effects were awful. Any thoughts???

Neco

Post by Neco »

I've taken Neurontin and its cousin, Lyrica..

Neither gave me suicidal feelings, but the neurontin gave me no benefits.. I think the Lyrica helped me somewhat, but I didn't have the money to go for a full script, I only had some samples and a free trial thing..

Definitely let your doctor know about this

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Hi Myasmom, and welcome to the forum. There is a long thread in this section of the forum on neurontin. You may need to search the forum to find it, but it has a lot of information about the drug. I'm pretty sure I've heard the same thing from others about it causing depression. Getting suicidal is not an acceptable side effect, so I would definitely call the doctor and ask to try a different medication. Depending on the dose you're taking you may need to take yourself off of it slowly, though.

Best wishes to you.
Susan

myasmom

Thanks!!

Post by myasmom »

Thanks to all that are concerned, I truly feel better talking to people with the same condition. I went to my GP today and he added Lyrica to my cocktail. I had a Nuerologist but, he was not that concerned.... so I am searching for a new one. I live in a small town so, I may have to look out of state. I just keep thinking I am too young to feel so old... I have 2 year old daughter, and I think that is what keeps me going. I would love to have another child but its not looking so hot. Anyhoo...

Thanks to all :lol: :lol:

Neco

Post by Neco »

Yeah sometimes it sucks to be young with a lot of problems.. I got my RLS when I was around 21, and I'm only 25 now.. Got hosts of other issues too.

You just gotta take it one day at a time, and know there are people here to help, even if you just post to vent.

charlotte369

Neurotin

Post by charlotte369 »

I have taken Neurotin for about a year now and have had to **** Sinemet along with it, sometimes they work and sometimes not. Leg pain is so terrible at times I think I am crazy. :(

lorabell

Neurontin

Post by lorabell »

Hi Myasmom.
I just come off N for the last time. It rebounded on me to the point of going to the ER cause I was nutty as a fruitcake from it.
When I first went on it, I was fine, but this time, It is toast to me. lol
If you're having problems, wean yourself off and as always, call the dr. and discuss it with him.
I missed where you live. No dr. sleep clinic anywhere close by? And also, not all dr's are RLS/PLMD educated.
Hugs,
Lorabell
aka
wowobl
Always remember, if you cut off your limbs, you'll have phantom rls and nothing to rub .LOL