My requip-ment

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
happyfeet

My requip-ment

Post by happyfeet »

So I started Requip on July 1 ....25mg.

And for 3 nights my legs did not interfere with my ability to get to sleep. I believe I fell a sleep after 1am and not around 3am like normal.

July 4... There was a slight twitching in my legs but I did fall asleep early again.

July 5th ... I just took .50mg.

No side effects so far. Getting drowsy is a side effect and I don't seem to get drowsy. I feel like I fall asleep because my legs are not keeping me awake.

Oh yeah. I am going to bed the same time every night.
Anything I write down is my own opinion and not to be taken seriously. Just ask my husband.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Isn't it bliss to have be able to fall asleep.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

happyfeet

To sleep, perhaps to dream...

Post by happyfeet »

YESH!!!

I fall asleep in about 1/2 hour. The only things that wake me up now is the cat or my bladder :roll: .

FYI
I collect polar bears.
Anything I write down is my own opinion and not to be taken seriously. Just ask my husband.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Or the cat on your bladder?

Seriously, it's great to hear when the medications work and people are getting sleep!
Susan

happyfeet

Post by happyfeet »

Ha ha Susan!

July 25, I had to add a .25 pill to my .50mg. My RLS was kicking it up a notch that night.

happyfeet

Post by happyfeet »

I haven't been on the board for a while because:

A. my meds seem to be working and
B. I and the husband are buying a house!

Dear god will the paper work never end?! So far I think we have used a whole pine tree in the pursuit of our 789 square foot two bedroom/one bath piece of the American dream.

Only 3 more hoops to go through!

That and maybe one more cord of wood. :wink:

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Wait 'til the closing! You've never seen such a huge paper pile as what they pull out for that event. But hey, your writing muscles will eventually recover and you'll have your own HOUSE. Congratulations!

And it's great to hear that the meds are working for you.
Susan

happyfeet

Post by happyfeet »

Oh what a mistake I made!

I was not paying attention to my requip supply and opps! I ran out.

No requip for two nights. Knowing what it is to fall asleep without my legs jumping around, makes going to bed with out requip frightful, painful, and stressful.

Strange note here...I find myself waking up every hour yet able to fall back to sleep within moments. this happen to anyone else?